Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We’re looking for a sharp, organized number cruncher to join our small, but mighty finance team. From accounting to tax to treasury to planning and budgeting, our group supports all aspects of the business to make sure SurveyMonkey grows and stays healthy. If you’re ready to bring your strategic, quick-thinking finance skills to SurveyMonkey, we want to hear from you.
We are hiring a Payroll/General Ledger Accountant who will be a key member of the General Ledger team and will be hands-on in supporting the company’s month-end and day to day accounting operations. The General Ledger Accountant will be responsible for close activities, reconciling general ledger accounts, and participating in special projects within the Accounting team.
- Responsible for monthly financial close activities, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations (mainly focused on payroll, commissions, accrual) for the US and certain International entities
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement flux variance analyses for areas of responsibility
- Develop and follow the company’s accounting policies
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures in accordance with our internal control requirements
- Maintain desktop procedures.
- Ensure timely completion and analysis of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Prepare schedules and reports for month end /or tax and forecast purposes
- Participate in the interim, year-end audit, and quarterly review. Prepare payroll and other PBC requests
- Assist with various special projects
- Partner with international and cross functional teams on key areas of responsibility
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA is a plus
- Three years relevant experience required. Experience with Payroll accounting is a requirement.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- You collaborate well with others and are a solid communicator (written and verbal skills)
- You possess strong interpersonal skills, an eagerness to learn, and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Solid understanding of general accounting concepts
- Ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks
- Research & Analyzing Skills , Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, and Thoroughness
- High Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel and Word)
- Experience with NetSuite or similar cloud based accounting software applications, CashPro (BofA system), Solution 7 reporting tool, and Blackline is a plus
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.