SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
This is a marketing leadership role that will lead our analytics efforts across marketing. The Marketing Analytics team is focused on generating data-driven, customer-centric insights to help SurveyMonkey drive user acquisition and retention.
As the leader of the Analytics team, you will drive strategy and projects to help answer questions like: How well are we acquiring, retaining, up/cross-selling, and reactivating customers? How does Marketing drive incremental customer value over time? Where are there opportunities to scale and optimize our efforts? You will work closely with Marketing stakeholders as well as cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Finance, Data Science, and other teams.
- Lead the team and strategy for analyzing, measuring, and optimizing our marketing investments and customer lifetime value. Efforts include but not limited to A/B or multivariate testing, multitouch attribution, lifetime value modeling, cohort analyses, and behavioral segmentation
- Prioritize and Lead the analytic agenda across marketing teams including Brand, Growth Marketing, Product Marketing, and Demand Gen
- Develop a team of high performing analysts through technical, communication, and leadership acumen
- Work with channel experts to establish and guide strategy and KPIs by channel, evaluate marketing targets, inform marketing investment (level and placement), and find opportunities for growth
- Work with our Business Intelligence team to define key data requirements and build robust reporting to answer key customer, marketing, and business strategy questions
- Partner with product teams to develop A/B testing plans to drive growth including landing page optimization, conversion funnel opportunities, audience testing, and more.
- Partner with internal data teams and external agencies or vendors to help shape our data structure to fit the true value of marketing to the business
- Develop next generation statistical or ML models in partnership with Data Science in order to elevate the sophistication of our marketing capabilities
- Educate and influence functional and executive leadership on marketing performance and investment decisions.
- Represent marketing in discussions of data and mar-tech in strategic alignment with data engineering, product, business intelligence, data science, and finance.
- Evangelize marketing measurement methodologies and practices across diverse set of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience
- 8+ years of marketing strategy and analytics experience
- Ability to drive a customer-centric approach to marketing and measurement based on lifecycle and LTV
- Expertise in measurement tools and methodologies across digital and offline channels, including multi-touch attribution, incrementality testing, A/B testing, geo experiments, and brand lift studies
- Strong business acumen that marries with high proficiency in analytical modeling skills, statistics, data science, and data architecture
- Proven track record of managing highly-motivated and successful teams
- Strong project management skills to identify the business question, define project scope and timing, and manage partnership and communication with key stakeholders
- Strong verbal communication skills to deliver alignment from Exec teams to IC members of teams
- Track record of successfully influencing and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience with marketing platforms, e.g. Responsys, Marketo, Google Tag Manager, Search 360, Display 360, Facebook Campaign Manager
- Advanced data visualization and SQL skills. Python/R a plus.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.